Search This Blog

Sunday 9 April 2017

The Return to XingYi: Tomb Sweeping 2017

This trip was actually before going to GanSu but I couldn't find the pictures. That problem has now been solved and here is the update.

Bacon in the gorge.
About a year ago, I think for Tomb Sweeping festival, Sara and I decided to go to XIngYi and visit the gorge. Then train to XingYi is 5 hours and about 80 yuan, a flight is 40 minutes and 200 yuan, we booked the later as it gave us an extra 2 hours in bed before needing to go to the airport. We got up, made a picnic and jumped on a  plane.

 XingYi is a tiny place in a very poor and often over looked province, which I think is a shame. Some of the most amazing places I have been are in Guizhou and almost no-one knows about it. In fact, I recently send some one my Chinese coworkers here and they were amazed at how beautiful, cheap,convenient and undiscovered it is.

Our first stop was MaLing gorge, which I went to a few years ago. Unluckily for us then, the weather wasn't great, and although we didn't actually get too wet, our pictures were rubbish. This time the weather was dry and fully cooperated with us. We climbed down into the bottom of the gorge, wandered for a bit before stopping for bacon sandwiches.

Last time I was in the gorge there was a long loop track which took in the highlights and key views, now there path carries on past the bridge and keeps going around the corner of the base.

Its is as amazing as I remembered it and we spent hours sitting and taking it all in before heading to the hotel.

As Guizhou is still off the beaten track, we booked into a 4 star hotel for the night and only paid 250 yuan for the night.



The next morning we went out to the second scenic area 10,000 peak park. It has a gold buggy looking thing for shuttling people between the viewing platforms. We soaked in as much green and nature as possible before heading on the bus back to the airport.







No comments:

Post a Comment