Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 April 2018

ShangHai the Final Frontier: National Day 2018

Last October, National day, I went to Shanghai for a quick trip. During the big Chinese holidays is the best time to visit the big cities as most people who live there will go home to see family. Personally its my favourite time to go. As an added bonus,  I have been there many times so its always a nice familiar trip. For this particular trip, I arrived with no plans and just googled "interesting unusual things to do in Shanghai." I was not disappointed! As it turned out there was a Star Trek Exhibition in town as part of a world tour to celebrate the release of the new film and 50 years of the original series. I am a bit of nerd so went to investigate.
Note: the shark is my number one! 

The show was in an exhibition centre near the airport which was basically deserted. Pretty much just me and a handful of the local fans. I had a blast! Here are some of the best pics.





The exhibition had sets, costumes, scripts, props and miscellaneous other weird and wonderful things from The Next Generation and the new film.






No comments:

Post a Comment